Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Camping: Laguna Mountains

In early November the Joh(a)ns(e/o)ns set out for Laguna Mountain about 50 miles east of San Diego for some much needed camping and R&R.

Mama was determined to spend the entirety of Saturday away from home. A late departure from San Diego along with some trouble finding the campground, put the kids in bed at about 9:30PM. Roz had never been camping before and was overtired. Josie was afraid of the dark. So, Mama and Daddy stayed in the tent with the girls while the telescope languished in the van.

Good morning!

Brrr...


Good morning, mush!

Josie eats standing up so she can fetch acorns between bites

Collecting dirt

3rd Quarter Moon

Tons of toys in the great outdoors and Rozilla plays with Josie's potty.

Naptime! "I'm not tired."

"I'm not tired."

"I'm not tired."

"I'm not tired."

"I'm not tired."
The whole family took a nap.  The girls slept for about three hours!

Family Hike!

Josie spent the hike picking stuff up.

Roz checks out Sibley to identify a pink pigeon.

Terrible cute

Ferocious cute

"Don't jump in the fire!"

"Let me jump in the fire!"

Josie insisted on eating only raw marshmallows, not toasted

Group hug

Flashlight hug
They never did take that telescope out of the van, but everyone had a great time. Josie and Roz are big fans of camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment